Thursday 20 October 2011

Westlife (1998 - 2012)


The first time


Getting more mature


Bryan has left. Only four.


The latest. Mark, Kian, Nicky, Shane. Gravity Tour 2011.


Good evening..

This morning, I got mentioned by my friend. On it, she shared a link, and when I opened that link, my tears were bursting out.

After 14 years, 26 top ten hits including 14 number one singles, 11 top 5 albums, 7 of which hit the top spot and have collectively sold over 44 million copies around the world, 10 sell out tours and countless memories that we will forever cherish, we today announce our plan to go our separate ways after a greatest hits collection this Christmas and a farewell tour next year. The decision is entirely amicable and after spending all of our adult life together so far, we want to have a well-earned break and look at new ventures. We see the greatest hits collection and the farewell tour as the perfect way to celebrate our incredible career along with our fans. We are really looking forward to getting out on the tour and seeing our fans one last time.

Over the years Westlife has become so much more to us than just a band. Westlife are a family. We would like to thank our fans who have been with us on this amazing journey and are part of our family too.

We never imagined when we started out in 1998 that 14 years later we would still be recording, touring and having hits together. It has been a dream come true for all of us.


Kian, Mark, Nicky and Shane

‘Greatest Hits’ to be released on 21st November
New Single ‘Lighthouse’ to be released 13th November


Westlife, is going to separate.

I didn't know what to say. Like they said, It's been 14 years since the first time I heard "Swear It Again" and fell in love with them. I've spent 14 years from my 23 years of age with their songs. They're the first boyband that I love. I cried when I couldn't watch their first concert. My friends and I hunted the magazine "Westlife Edition". We forced the seller to give us his last stocks.

And now, they will go on with their own lives, each one of them. I was shocked when I knew Brian left them. And now, it's even more shocking. But if this is for the best, then I wish you all a very much goodluck!

Thank you for the most wonderful 14 years of my life. You guys really are going to be missed. I'm hoping that there'll be a reunion tour or something. A complete formation of Westlife. Shane Fillan, Nicky Byrne, Mark Feehily, Kian Egan, and last but not least, Brian McFadden. I'm going to miss you all together..

Night!

1 comment:

  1. World of our Own has my fav album covers. The boys looked their best and the photography is good, not cheesy.

    http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/soudixander/Westlife-WorldofOurOwn2003-front.jpg

    http://cdn.7static.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/003/070/0000307031_350.jpg

    ReplyDelete