Wednesday 14 September 2011

I'm Falling in love :)

Good evening!

See the title? Yes. I am falling deeply in love at the moment. With whom? I'm falling in love with......




THIS KIDS!!! :'D

It's been a while since I wrote the post about my special job as a teacher assistant in Special Education Department. So, I'm going to tell you about my days as a special education teacher assistant. In here, I'm assisting 2 teachers for 3 different subjects. We have Language, Math, and Bahasa Indonesia.

Before I'm talking about my activities, I want to introduce you all to my students. Based on the picture above, at the back, from left to the right: Joey, Brian and Sammy. The 2nd line (left to the right): Adela, Fikri, Jordan, Rizki, Calli, Rafi, Sylvana, and Eun Kyoung. The front line (left to the right): Nicole (or memei), Gio, and Wilbert.

Ok, as a teacher assistant, I'm dealing with almost all of them. Only fikri, Joey, Sammy and Calli that I haven't taught yet. I meet Nicole, Wilbert, Gio, Rafi, and Rizki in Language class. In Math and Bahasa Indonesia, I meet Jordan, Sylvana, Gio, Rafi, and Wilbert. I once taught Eun Kyoung, Brian and Adela for Language and Math because their main teacher had a meeting.

At first, i was afraid (wait, it's not a song :p). I was afraid that I couldn't teach them, or they didn't want to listen to me, etc. But it turns out, They are listening to me. In fact, one of them, usually tell me to give him guidance when he does his works. I was so flattered when he asked me that.

Being with them, I have to admit that it's not always happy-go-lucky kind of thing, but they surely 100% always make me smile. Last week for example, we had an art project, and I had to deal with one of them. 45 minutes in class with her, while she's throwing crayon and scratched me etc. It was bloody tiring. But on Tuesday, when we're going to practice gamelan, I, again, had to deal with this kid, and she's actually funny with her own thing.

Yes, they can play gamelan, eventhough not as perfect as the professionals, but they can play the songs that are given. Still need guidance, of course, but at least, they are able to do that. We once had a performance in JHCC some weeks ago. Everybody were just amazed by them.

I can tell you a lot of things about us, but I'm sure that this post will be very long. But one thing for sure that I love them with all my heart. They teach me many things. They teach me how to control my emotion, they teach me patience, and the most important thing is, they teach me how to love unconditionally..


-Different, But Not Less- Temple Grandin.

Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment